Celebrating another milestone with another giveaway!
There will be three winners, and the prizes are as follows:
1st Prize: 1 Year Rooster teeth Sponsorship OR Any item in the Roosterteeth store worth $25 USD or less
2nd Prize: 6 month Rooster teeth Sponsorship OR Any item in the Roosterteeth store worth $15 USD or less
3rd Prize: 3 month Rooster teeth Sponsorship OR Any item in the Roosterteeth store worth $10 USD or less
2 things to note!
- These prices are before taxes and shipping. If you win 1st and you want an item that has a base price of $24.99 USD, go for it!
- You can edit your prizes slightly to get both a sponsorship and an item! Ex: If you win first but only want a 6 month sponsorship, you can add on any item worth up to $10 USD!
- 1 like and reblog per person only
- If I catch you spamming reblogs or using multiple blogs, you will be disqualified.
- You do not have to be following me to enter
- However, if you are following me, you get 1 extra entry
- Mutuals’ entries are worth double the entries (1 like+1 reblog+follow=6 instead of 3)
- If you live outside of North America, you will have to cover shipping.
- If you want a physical prize, you must be willing to provide me with your name and address (obviously).
- Winners must respond within 24 hours of being notified (through a few asks) or I will move on to the next winner
This giveaway will end when it hits 500 notes OR on November 1st (whichever comes first)
I appreciate fancasts that add representation to works that previously had none, like the HP founders I just reblogged, but on the subject of HP fancasts I want to call into question something that I see OVERWHELMINGLY: Rowena Ravenclaw as East Asian. If you want to fancast that then do so, but question yourself: are you doing it because you have internalized the “smart pale Asian” stereotype? Does it make sense to you to make her East Asian because she is smart? Why do you attribute this quality to East Asian women above all other women of color?
On a similar note, why is your Helga Hufflepuff Black? Does the concept of a maternal, kindly caretaking Black woman similarly make sense to you? Why do you prioritize Black women as caretakers? Question yourself and examine your tacit beliefs to root out how you have internalized racism. Trace your logic. Patronizing stereotypes serve to constrain and police the behavior of women of color.
Idon’t think I’ve EVER seen a Hogwarts founders fancast that didn’t have Rowena Ravenclaw reimagined as light skinned East Asian with straight black hair, and I rarely see Helga Hufflepuffs that aren’t a cuddly-looking mammy stereotype. And I do want to see some Black Rowenas and East Asian Helgas.
This is really interesting and we should take it to heart for more than HP headcanons. Root out this kind of thing in your own original fic writing, too.
I actually really really love the idea of a Muslim Rowena
the Arab world was a massive, flourishing empire in the tenth century, while Europe was basically shooting itself in the foot repeatedly
this was literally dead in the middle of the Islamic Golden Age, during which not only was classical knowledge from the Greeks, Romans, Persians, Indians, Chinese, Egyptians and Phoenicians translated and saved, but incredible developments in science, technology, mathematics, education, health care, literature and philosophy were being made
the University of al-Qarawiyyin, the first university in the world, was founded 150 years prior in Morocco by a Muslim woman???
like how are we fancasting Rowena Ravenclaw without tying her to this??? I never fucking see this, get on it tumblr